"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depth. These people have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." -Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- Psychotherapy/Counseling (For a Wide Range of Issues)
- Individual Counseling and Coaching for Personal and Emotional Growth
- Mental Health Assessment
- Mental Health Counseling
- Comprehensive Substance Abuse Assessment (Upon Request)
- Individualized Substance Abuse Counseling
- Individualized Co-Occurring Disorder Counseling (Mental Health and Substance Abuse Disorders)
- Grief and Loss Counseling/Support
- Couples Counseling
- Life Coaching
- Group Therapy/Psychoeducation (When Available)
- Outside Referrals and Consulting Relationships for Medication Therapy (When Appropriate and Requested)
- Case-Management Services (When Appropriate and Requested)
Issues We Work With
- Depression/Mood Disorders
- Anxiety/Anxiety Disorders
- Other Mental Health Disorders
- Unresolved Emotional Issues
- Personal and Emotional Growth
- Substance Abuse/Addictions
- Co-Occurring Disorders (Mental Health and Substance Abuse Disorders)
- Grief and Loss
- Women's Issues
- Adult Life Issues
- Life Dissatisfaction
- Unhappiness/Lack of Contentment
- Stress Management
- Creating More Balance
- Coping Strategies
- Relationship and Marital Issues
- Family Concerns
- Harmful/Hurtful Behaviors and Patterns
- Spirituality/Spiritual Growth (Upon Request)
- Developmental and Transitional Issues
- Creating More Meaning and Purpose in One's Life
- Creating a More Fulfilled Life
- Life Coaching
This list is not all-inclusive. Please call to confidentially inquire about your particular issues, so that we may determine if we are the best fit for you. If not, then we will be more than happy to assist you with appropriate referrals.
What Can I Expect?
Most clients start by attending therapy weekly, although some clients choose to attend therapy every other week, due to time, work, or financial concerns. Some clients prefer a more short-term, solution-focused approach to therapy; others prefer to attend therapy over a more extended period of time. We try to support each individual client in finding his or her own comfort level around frequency, support, and care.
Therapy sessions are 45-60 minutes in length (depending upon the flow of the session). The Intake/Initial Session is usually scheduled for an hour and a half (depending upon the flow, and needs, of the session). During the Intake/Initial Session, you and your counselor will have the opportunity to get to know one another, review the paperwork, and address any questions that you may have. You and your counselor will also discuss your issues, needs, and goals, and a tentative plan for moving forward will be developed.
We hope that this section gives you some helpful information and answers some of the questions that you may have. We will look forward to talking with you further at your first session.
"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase; just take the first step."
-Martin Luther King, Jr.
"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today, and make a new ending." -Author Unknown